Foundations adminadmin March 19, 2013 1506
Perfect for fairer skin tones
Overall rating 

Packaging 

Long lasting 

Effectiveness 

Ease of use 

Value for Money 

Before I start I feel I need to point out that when it comes to foundations I have very little to compare this with. My skin is very pale and therefore most foundations I've tried out there have been far too dark or orangey for my skin.

The main reason I tried Lily Lolo was because I'd seen it recommended for having paler shades. At the time (maybe 4 years ago?) they did little samples of the foundations and concealers so I tried a few and this has been my go-to foundation ever since.

I'm the shade Porcelain which I believe is the lightest they do. But I'm thrilled to have a foundation that is actually my colour. When it comes to the foundations in Boots/Superdrug I've tried the palest shade in pretty much all of the brands and it's almost always too dark for me (was especially gutted about the Rimmel Wake Me Up not doing a shade pale enough for me). So that leaves me with going for slightly more expensive foundations, the problem being most of those I have to order online which is even riskier when it comes to finding a shade to suit me, but as Lily Lolo did samples I chose them and I'm glad I did.

The foundation itself is very light coverage and I find to be quite mattifying (though I don't have particularly oily skin, so I'm not sure how mattifying it would be for that). It's easy to apply and I was using the Lily Lolo Kabuki brush for quite a while, but have recently switched to a Real Techniques one which I feel gives me slightly more coverage.

The only downside I've had with this is that any dry patches of skin (usually a healing spot) are generally more obvious after using this, but I have a feeling that may be true for any powder foundation.

In the years that I've been using this I have tried other foundations as I've grown tired of the matte look and been after something more dewy, however I've always come back to this one.

User Reviews

Strongest points
Natural looking, paler shades than a lot of other brands
Weakest points
Not a lot of coverage
Would you recommend this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 604 guests and no members online