Hair Care paigeladypaigelady April 14, 2013 993
Ultra Violet
Overall rating 

Packaging 

Scent 

Effectiveness 

Ease of use 

Value for Money 

When I first looked at Retread I thought I was just looking at a pot of yoghurt. I wasn't too keen on the smell either as it was quite a strong smell of violets. However I changed my mind on the smell when I realised it made my hair smell like Parma Violets which I loved as a child.

I love that it comes in a pot instead of a bottle as it means I can take a large scoop out to condition my hair (which I tend to do as my hair is very dry after years of chemically relaxing it). I found it extremely easy to apply, I leave it on for at least 5 minutes 20 if I really want a good condioning session. Then I rinse it out, after patting my hair so it's damp I re-apply a small amount of conditioner and then I either blow dry my hair or let it dry naturally depending on whether I'm in a rush or not (I find this helps keep my hair that little bit softer throughout the day).

Throughout the day my hair smelt wonderful but I found that my hair wasn't quite as soft and shiny as I would have liked it to be.

I tend to get through conditioners considerably quickly so I don't think this will last particularly long and as a result I think it's quite over priced for the amount you get.

User Reviews

Strongest points
Smells like parma violets, can use by the scoopful.
Weakest points
Price
Summary
Leave's hair smelling beautiful. Would have liked hair to feel slightly softer
Would you recommend this product?
Yes
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 784 guests and no members online