The under thirties should beware of using anti-ageing skincare

More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by Merry123

mxx wrote: True.People should use what they need not what they pushed to do by companies...

I'll admit - I'm guilty of this! :S

At one point I think I went a little bit overboard with serums & facial oils. Now I tend to just use them at night, and that seems to be enough.

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by mxx
True.People should use what they need not what they pushed to do by companies...

More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by Merry123
Hi mxx, that's true.

I think the Times article was just a general warning about using anti-ageing products unnecessarily. ;)

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by mxx
Very interesting but...aging of skin is more about gens and lifestyle not age.Some people have lots of even deep wrinkles in their twenties.I think is very individual when to start anti-aging skincare...

More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by Merry123
Hi missusb82, it's certainly food for thought. I suppose part of the problem is that we're bombarded with so many skincare products that we don't always know what's best.

More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by missusb82
Thanks for sharing this...it's something I've been wondering about for a while as I started using anti ageing products at 25. I'm now 31 and occasionally use products for 40+ but after seeing this I think I'll be more careful!

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #7 by Merry123
Okay - I know the image is a bit OTT. I just have a thing for poison bottles! :ohmy: :silly:

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Merry123.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #8 by Merry123
I've just been reading an article called 'Keep Out of Reach' by Suzanne Scott in this week's Sunday Times Style magazine. It argues that anti-ageing skincare products can do more harm than good when used by those under the age of thirty.

Tips for under thirties:

- If you use anti-ageing products at too young an age your skin can become dependant on them. This could accelerate the skin's ageing process.
- Some anti-ageing skincare products contain harsh ingredients designed to remove the outer layers of the skin. This is generally unnecessary in someone who's younger.
- Aggressive ingredients found in some anti-ageing products can increase skin sensitivity.
- If your skin is dry opt for a product containing hyaluronic acid rather than a product for mature skin.
- Avoid exfoliating products containing glycolic acid as it can lead to sensitivity issues. Instead, opt for polyhydroxy acid. Do not exfoliate more than 2-3 times per week.
- If you're under thirty and want to use a serum choose one that strengthens and soothes, rather than a serum that tackles wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Retinol is often found in anti-ageing products and is used for tackling pigmentation problems, lack of firmness and wrinkles. It is safe to use in those under the age of thirty but shouldn't be used on a regular basis. It can improve dull, dry, lifeless skin, but opt for a product with a low retinol percentage (3%).

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Merry123.

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 1346 guests and no members online