EXPENSIVE FACE CREAMS OR CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by Dese

Cat68 wrote: B) I've decided to give up trying all the fancy new face creams that we keep getting bombarded with, sure there good but do they really work and are they value for money? Kingsley House Aqueous Cream also from the Pound Shop - great for removing make-up and for use as a face wash - what more can you ask !!!

This has been a cupboard staple for me since I suffered from a massive bout of eczema all around my mouth in my early 20s. My doc prescribed hydrocortizone cream that only suppressed they symptoms, whereas my friend (who, unbeknown to me, was experiencing exactly the same problem across her forehead around the same time) was prescribed Aqueous Cream. I was unhappy with the hydrocortizone, which I found only to suppress the symptoms, which re-erupted every time I stopped usage. I was acutely aware of its ageing effects, and used it minimally on my face. When we conferred, and talked about what had happened, I bought the Aqueous Cream and used it instead of soap and moisturiser, and never looked back. It is truly an amazing product.

Recently I have been told that over 90% of Creme de la Mer contains the same ingredients as my most beloved product!

:kiss:

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Dese.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by Merry123
Nivea Soft is one of my favourites.

It's nothing fancy, but it suits my sensitive skin. :)

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by Cat68
B) I've decided to give up trying all the fancy new face creams that we keep getting bombarded with, sure there good but do they really work and are they value for money? Well I ditched my expensive No.7 face cream for a cheaper alternative - nappy cream!!! The results were fantastic (Healthpoint medicated nappy cream from the Pound Shop). This amazing cream cleared up my red, uneven skin tone and all blemishes and spots and even better I've only been using it for 3 days - it's even better than Sudocrem which I thought was good. My other great discovery - Kingsley House Aqueous Cream also from the Pound Shop - great for removing make-up and for use as a face wash - what more can you ask for at only 2 quid all in!!!

Cat

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 1284 guests and no members online