Surprise Contents Beauty Box Swap

More
6 years 10 months ago #13 by helena881
Ohh I see. I would love to do a swap but I find it hard giving away products, even ones I don't use! Maybe in the summer I will try a swap :P

Helena | Blogger | Beauty Lover | seasidebeauty.blogspot.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #14 by Dese

helena881 wrote: Is it swapping products you have, or buying new ones both with a set budget?

The examples here are with peoples unwanted beauty box items. However, if you team up with another member you can decide between you how you want it to work, as long as you both agree to the rules. I have read about 'fixed budget' swaps. This might be nice to add something extra to a box, for a seasonal gift. My proposal was for Easter, so you might have wanted to add a small egg for £3 or something, to make it extra special for the recipient.

Hope this helps.

:kiss:

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese

More
6 years 10 months ago #15 by catsholiday
Ones you have for ones for ones that someone else has that they don't want usually

catsholiday | Blogger . Tester | Visit my blogs: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/catsholiday and catsholiday.worpress.com

More
6 years 10 months ago #16 by helena881
Is it swapping products you have, or buying new ones both with a set budget?

More
6 years 10 months ago #17 by catsholiday
Wow what a fabulous swap - trouble is I never want to part with any of mine!!

catsholiday | Blogger . Tester | Visit my blogs: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/catsholiday and catsholiday.worpress.com

More
6 years 10 months ago #18 by helena881

Dese wrote: Here are some pics of the lovely post-Easter swap I received from my swap partner, who is also a member here, although we met on another site. These swaps work best if you team up with a person who has different needs to yourself, which means you are seeking different kinds of products.

;)

Great stuff! I've always wanted to try products from Ren! The St Tropez instant glow looks really good. The face version of that is actually in the Selfridges Summer Beauty Box which I ordered yesterday! I'm looking forward to trying it out.

More
6 years 11 months ago #19 by renie
'What a fabulous box...jings i wouldn't know where to start first with the products..some i have never seen before.,
You must have been like a kid in a sweetie shop.. :laugh:

"You had me at Hello..."

Jane Russell

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #20 by Dese
Here are some pics of the lovely post-Easter swap I received from my swap partner, who is also a member here, although we met on another site. These swaps work best if you team up with a person who has different needs to yourself, which means you are seeking different kinds of products.

;)

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Dese.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #21 by Dese
Renie, I have moved our part of the thread out into its own new thread. It is now called 'Easter Beauty Box Swap'.

:kiss:

More
6 years 11 months ago #22 by Dese

renie wrote: Finally found it...yeah!!!!

I love this idea.. :)

It's really just a question of how much or how little you want to swap and the box size.
Looks like i might have to keep a hold of all boxes.. ;)
I will scrum through stuff i have and see what is worthy of a swap..
this could be good fun :silly:

I see it as a way of increasing our pleasure of receiving post, it only costs us the price of postage, and a little kindness. : )

More
6 years 11 months ago #23 by renie
Finally found it...yeah!!!!

I love this idea.. :)

It's really just a question of how much or how little you want to swap and the box size.
Looks like i might have to keep a hold of all boxes.. ;)
I will scrum through stuff i have and see what is worthy of a swap..
this could be good fun :silly:

"You had me at Hello..."

Jane Russell

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #24 by Dese

renie wrote: Sounds a great idea, Dese...let me know how it all works.
:)

I am just trawling through the forum this evening, and I think I started a reply to you some months ago, Renie, but perhaps I deleted the tab before I finished the message. Some people just do a straightforward swap, but I am also interested in making it more special for the recipient, giving the person the surprise of receiving a beauty box from a company, but with little cost to either person. The most important thing is to be aware of the needs of the person you are sending to, and to get a proof of postage when you send it from the Post Office, so your parcel is insured if it goes missing.

I remember I was trying to access the guidelines from the Facebook based Beauty Box Swaps as I recall seeing some lovely images of exchanges, where members also went to the trouble of adding a little gift and card to make it personal and special. These images seem to have vanished now, sadly.

If you would like to start something, I would gladly join with you, as people may join in as they see how pleasurable it can be. I currently have a regular swap partner I met about a year ago before I joined this site, and I have also swapped with a couple of members here.

I photographed a couple of the lovely boxes my swap partner sent me and I will add them to give you an idea. We now send things blind, but state the approximate size and if we are sending full sized items. We then try to match the contents by sachet/small sample (sample)/medium sample (trial size)/full sized item. With my swap partner, neither of us mind if the item has been tested a tiny bit, but you should agree what you will accept with the person before agreeing to a swap. All items should be in immaculate condition.

For Christmas my swap partner and I both included crackers and chocolates and sparkly things. If you fancy doing a post-Easter swap, we could give it a go.

Here is a pic (I will try to find the other I took later):

Attachments:

Moderators: Desegypsonic
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 762 guests and one member online