A cautionary tale about sending your swaps by Royal Mail

More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by helena881
Wow your box looks so fun. Is that Macadamia Oil products I see? I'm in love with the healing oil they have!

Helena | Blogger | Beauty Lover | seasidebeauty.blogspot.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2 by Dese

helena881 wrote: Wow thats horrible! I would be so upset if I lost swap items. Did the sender help out with anything?

The sender helped completely, and she is now my regular swap partner. We send each other mystery boxes of products to suit each other's needs on a very reglular basis. Take a look in the members section, I have posted a couple there. It is something I have tried to get off the ground here.

www.beautyontrial.co.uk/forum/49-Beauty-...ster-beauty-box-swap

Here's one she sent me:

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Dese.

More
7 years 1 month ago #3 by helena881
Wow thats horrible! I would be so upset if I lost swap items. Did the sender help out with anything?

Helena | Blogger | Beauty Lover | seasidebeauty.blogspot.com

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4 by Dese
Hi there!

Just wondered if you had registered for the current trial or if you need any help. We are always here to help you along. If you need any help finding your way around leave a message and someone will get back to you.

Make sure you have registered for the trial if you haven't already. Leave a comment when you click the link below to register:

www.beautyontrial.co.uk/free-samples/fre...-trial-size-bottles/

You will need to make sure you complete your profile with your contact details. Look at the tabs at the bottom of your profile page when you go to this link to fill in your profile and contact details. This will improve your chances. Click the link that shows your username below:

beautyontrial.co.uk/user-profile/Graz/

Members who are most active will be chosen, so make sure that you chat, start lots of threads, review products and list new ones for the catalogue if you feel able. If you need any tips one of the moderators will be pleased to help you. Make sure you do these things and you stand a very good chance of being chosen for the next trial.

We all look forward to reading your posts, we are a very friendly bunch here and love to chat at every opportunity! It would be great to chat to you again.

Check out the freebie section, there are lots of items you can apply for to swell your post with goodies each day! We are so enthusiastic that we have a thread dedicated to how many freebies we manage get each month! Hope you will join us there!

beautyontrial.co.uk/index.php?option=com...5699&Itemid=539#9296

We have also collected some nice items in the Christmas section, that might appeal, if you take a look. Click the forum heading and it will take you to the index. It is a good way to learn where to find things on the site, there is a place for FAQs there too!

Hope to chat to you soon!

:kiss:

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Dese.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #5 by bougheyrm
Hi Graz and welcome to the site :)

bougheyrm │ Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester | Visit my blog: www.beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/bougheyrm | or my other blog: rmbbmr.wordpress.com/
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by bougheyrm.

More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by Graz
Thats really sound advise. I shall take it on bourd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bougheyrm

More
8 years 1 month ago #7 by Dese
I should point out that obtaining a proof of postage is free of charge the lady really did advise it...

More
8 years 1 month ago #8 by SamBrez
I know a few people that has happened to. Such a shame.

I have always retained proof of postage with every parcel I send out.
I sell a lot on ebay so have to retain it.

All it is is a slip with weight, price then the postcode written on.

Come on Royal Mail, make it a bit more secure!

SamBrez | Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester | Visit my blog: www.testingtimeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

More
8 years 1 month ago #9 by Dese
I recently experienced a mishap with a swap I received by post. Only the empty, open envelope arrived inside one of their plastic covers with apologies, suggesting I should make a claim.

After following their advice, I went to the post office yesterday, having received a claim form by post. I had a long conversation with the lady at the counter about claims. It seems that it is usually the sender who makes the claim. She said that if the person can include a proof of posting receipt with the claim form, they usually refund the cost of the items. Without this it is likely that they will only refund the cost of the postage!! :blink:

So much for their claim that letters are covered up to the value of £46! It is certainly something to remember.

Lesson: best to get a proof of postage for your swapped items.

The nice lady at the counter said that this cover is the same for 1st class/2nd class/signed for etc. It is certainly something they should advise you to do when you send it off. No one has ever told me this information before. :S

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 1276 guests and no members online