Ends 31/10/2012 - win Lady Gaga Fame fragrance

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Dese
I just came across a sample of this today in my holiday sponge bag. I must have received it in a beauty box last month and forgot. Thinking of this conversation, I tried it. My husband remarked that it smelled of blackcurrant, but actually it lists blackberry as an ingredient. Reading the blurb, he remarked that it sounded like my Ilamasqua Freak perfume (which has a great deal more staying power).

It seemed quite strong from the first squirt, but really disappeared to nothing in no time at all. Quite disappointing. :(

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Dese.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by Dese
Just looked at their women's perfume catalogue. I would recommend the brand Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. I stumbled across their shop when I was in Paris years ago, and became a huge fan. The bottles last forever, as does the scent. The range is larger than is available on this site. The company will mail order to Britain.

Here's their site:

www.maitre-parfumeur-et-gantier.com/eng/index.html

I have tried Fraîcheur Muskissime, Fleur d’Iris and Fleur des Comores. The first one is fruity and fresh. It lingers on fabric for weeks. The last one is incredibly powerful and lasts more than 24 hours, it is incredibly sweet smelling, and was presented to me as orange blossom. Iris is lovely, I recently purchased the Prada Iris perfume, which is good too.

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Dese
Just checked about the code. Sadly it expired on the 19th...

Sorry. Still a great site. Sign up for news to get future discounts.

:kiss:

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by Dese
Hi, Cat, and welcome to the site. I couldn't help with the perfume, which is why I hadn't responded before. Glad you found out what you needed. I don't know a great number of perfumes but I like long-lasting ones too. I have started purchasing from a continental supplier called Parfuma, as they are vastly cheaper than Harrods or Selfridges (their prices in euros often undercut our sterling prices).

Click this link to see what they have. My computer complained about their certificate when I tried to purchase, but I had done a little research online to see if anyone had used them, and a blogger I found had had no problems with them. I have had none either. What's more you get to choose three free samples (even super dooper expensive ones) with your order and delivery is free if it is over a certain value. You can't argue with that! They were offering a £5 discount recently. I'll have a look and see if I can find the code for you.

www.parfuma.com/shop/en/

I love Armani Prive for a long-lasting fragrance. I have Ambre Orient which is just amazing. I am toying with the idea of investing in Rose d'Arabie. These sell for £185 each in London, as they are more exclusive than the others in the same range, but are priced at 150 euros on Parfuma.

My current mid-priced favourite is Thierry Mugler's Angel. It seems to last forever. The limited versions of his perfumes are even more special (the winter Angel one with bitter cocoa last year was just to die for)!

I'll try to get back to you with that code!

Do start a perfume led thread. I would be interested to know what's good. It will also boost your activity on the site and help get you chosen for the next trial!

:kiss:

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by Cat68
Thanx for that think I will give this perfume a huge bodyswerve!! (I am a bit of a perfume guru, I've been trying to get Bond No.9 Central Park West since I had a sample sent to me months ago, it's amazing but the only place that sells it is Harrods, London and I am miles away from there!).

Cat

More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by bougheyrm
Hi Cat68

It's a scent that's a lot milder than the marketing suggests and is quite nice but the projection and longevity are average at best.

bougheyrm │ Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester | Visit my blog: www.beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/bougheyrm | or my other blog: rmbbmr.wordpress.com/

More
7 years 10 months ago #7 by Cat68
I was thinking of buying this a few weeks ago but now I am not so sure. It's quite an eye catching bottle. Does it have a long lasting smell?

Cat

More
7 years 11 months ago #8 by Merry123
:laugh:

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

More
7 years 11 months ago #9 by bougheyrm
I'm definitely unsure about this marketing approach! I like the bottle though (and Lady Gaga).

I wonder about how much Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta brought up in an affluent family in Manhattan's Upper West Side and who attended a private all-girls Roman Catholic school knows about expensive or cheap :unsure:

bougheyrm │ Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester | Visit my blog: www.beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/bougheyrm | or my other blog: rmbbmr.wordpress.com/

More
7 years 11 months ago #10 by Merry123
If it's free, I will happily smell 'like an expensive hooker'. :laugh:

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

More
7 years 11 months ago #11 by bougheyrm
From Beauty and the Dirt (click here ):

"Whilst Lady Gaga may have originally described her first scent, Fame, in rather colourful terms, suggesting that it would smell “like an expensive hooker,” and that “sweat, blood and semen” was to be used in the perfume formula! We can assure you that it smells of none of the above. Thankfully.
Instead, the scent is built around three main accords: Dark – which is inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century. Sensual – an opulent fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar. And Light – which consists of a rich floral layer of crushed Tiger Orchid and Jasmine Sambac. The fragrance will be offer a comination of floral and fruity elements.

Lady Gaga’s Fame is also the very first black coloured perfume. Once sprayed, the ‘black fluid’ transforms into a clear liquid – and as expected, is no ordinary eau de parfum. Instead of the olfactory standard where top, middle and base notes work in a pyramid structure to create a typical scent, Fame works by way of a unique “push-pull technology”, with all of the ingredients working together to in harmony. Allowing a “true metamorphosis when worn on skin”.

Housed within a decadent clear bottle (to showcase the black fluid) and topped with a gold art-deco claw cap, the packaging comes courtesy of a design collaboration with Nick Knight."

Where did you spot FAME on our calendar? 31st October

Attachments:

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 918 guests and no members online