Whatever happened to...? - What's your favourite deleted beauty product?

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1 by Dese

Dese post=19377 wrote: Here's one of mine, but this disappeared a few years ago, I still miss it! 

Molton Brown Blissful Templetree bath salts

I loved that this gave my bath the colour of the sea over white sand beaches with a very subtle foam.  We've had discussions about this product here before.  It's one I have tried to locate elsewhere and never found.  I did find a bottle of body cream at the back of my cupboard which I am currently using and inhaling deeply each time I apply it. 

I'd be happy to swap some of my own products if another member has some Blissful Templetree lurking in their bathroom cupboards! 

This was the follow up product from the brand, which may suit some users. It has a more subtle fragrance but the same water-over-white-sand colouring in the bathtub :

www.moltonbrown.co.uk/store/bath-body/ba...el-bath-salts/KGT226

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Dese.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BOT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #2 by Dese

Dese post=19377 wrote: Here's one of mine, but this disappeared a few years ago, I still miss it! 

I loved that this gave my bath the colour of the sea over white sand beaches with a very subtle foam.  We've had discussions about this product here before.  It's one I have tried to locate elsewhere and never found.  I did find a bottle of body cream at the back of my cupboard which I am currently using and inhaling deeply each time I apply it. 

I'd be happy to swap some of my own products if another member has some Blissful Templetree lurking in their bathroom cupboards! 

Well, from a little search it looks like I can have the next best thing...  I do love the Molton Brown shower and bath gels which can really pack a punch in fragrance and last well.  I've seen can get my favourite fragrance in this form for a while longer at least... I hope this one sticks around and I guess I know what my next shower gel will be ...

www.moltonbrown.co.uk/store/bath-body/ba...-shower-gel/NHB21020

www.johnlewis.com/molton-brown-blissful-...r-gel-300ml/p3669163

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Dese.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #3 by Dese
Another beloved product for me, which disappeared a few years ago...

Elemis Exotic Island Flower body cream

Oh, how I loved the intense fragrance of frangipani from this cream when I used it!  A truly sensory experience and it massaged in beautifully leaving a gorgeous fragrance on the skin.  I managed to track some down on a retail site and have a little store which I eke out carefully...

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Dese.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #4 by Dese
Here's one of mine, but this disappeared a few years ago, I still miss it! 

Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Dese.

More
2 months 1 week ago #5 by Dese
So here we are, post-2020, and I noticed how many of my favourite items vanished from production last year.  Companies seemed to slim down their catalogue of items in production and many of my long-term favourites had vanished from the shelves (as had everything else last year) and producer websites. How sad I felt.

Well, I'm on a quest to track down some of my favourites from sites that may still stock those products so I can enjoy them a little longer.

Post your favourites below and let others know why you loved them so much and where to find them, if possible, so these will stay in members' collective memory a lttile longer...

See a separate post for each beloved product which is sadly missed from our collections.  Who know's perhaps the manufacturers will hear our pleas and bring them back, or a similar product for us to enjoy!

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 1227 guests and no members online