Some eco-friendly news: LUSH announce the end of plastic glitter in their products

More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by helena881
Wow this sounds really good. I love all Lush products and their ethics

Helena | Blogger | Beauty Lover | seasidebeauty.blogspot.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #2 by Dese
I will look at DermNet, thanks for this suggestion, Merry. It will be interesting to read what they have to say, especially if it is a source trusted by health professionals. It will be an opportunity to learn something useful.

:)

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Dese.

More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by catsholiday

More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by Merry123

catsholiday wrote: I know not everyone thinks it is harmful but as so many other toiletry companies can do it I strongly feel Lush should too.Even if the risk is minimal it is still a risk and still chemical not a natural product.

You should read the DermNet info - the site is a reliable source of skincare info, and is used by healthcare professionals.

If DermNet says that there's a problem with parabens, then there's a problem. ;)

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by catsholiday
I know not everyone thinks it is harmful but as so many other toiletry companies can do it I strongly feel Lush should too.Even if the risk is minimal it is still a risk and still chemical not a natural product.

catsholiday | Blogger . Tester | Visit my blogs: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/catsholiday and catsholiday.worpress.com

More
6 years 11 months ago #6 by Merry123
Thanks a lot, Catsholiday.

I looked at Lush's paraben and SLS info, but not everyone agrees with what they have to say.

Parabens

Lush says: Scare-mongering ‘studies’ into their potentially negative effects have now been widely debunked.

DermNet mentions the link between contact dermatitis and parabens (also a weak oestrogenic effect).

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Lush says: We have recently begun to replace sodium lauryl sulphate with a milder surfactant, sodium coco-sulphate. This new material is kinder to the scalp, but still cleans the hair effectively.

;)

Merry123 ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/merry123

More
6 years 11 months ago #7 by catsholiday
Great now they just need to get rid of the SLS and the parabens

catsholiday | Blogger . Tester | Visit my blogs: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/catsholiday and catsholiday.worpress.com

More
6 years 11 months ago #8 by Merry123
LUSH SAYS:

'With new agar based glitters and other biodegradable options now coming onto the market we are happy to announce that Lush will be able to eliminate the last plastic glitter in our products in the immediate future, without any loss of the fun and decoration that our customers have come to love and expect from us. The result will be a cleaner people and cleaner oceans.'

Attachments:

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 1168 guests and no members online