The gym - what do you like/hate most

More
8 years 5 months ago #13 by BeautyBoo
I do Zumba and it's great!! So much fun and if you go with a couple of friends it really doesn't seem like you're exercising. Me and my friends just have a laugh and the only way I realise I've been working out is the next morning when I can't get out of bed!!

I also have Zumba for the Wii which is great to do if you can't be bothered to leave the house. Just remember to shut all of the curtains or you may get some strange looks through the window :laugh:

BeautyBoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #14 by Dese
:laugh:

Hi, Cheerful, I hear that Zoomba (is that the right spelling?) Is good for that. I haven't tried it myself, but colleagues say that it is a lot of fun, and much like dancing...

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese

More
8 years 5 months ago #15 by cheerful8
:woohoo: i would much rather put on some music, exercise and dance/prance about in my own front room

than visit a gym

More
8 years 5 months ago #16 by cheerful8
i would much rather put on some music, exercise and dance/prance about in my own front room

than visit a gym

More
8 years 5 months ago #17 by Dese
That sounds like it is more fun. Have you read the thread about Yoga? I mentioned fitness in my response, perhaps you would have a comment to add...

Have a lovely Sunday!

:kiss:

Dese ? Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester ? Visit my blog: beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/dese

More
8 years 6 months ago #18 by bougheyrm
Yeap but just at the moment it's very warm. A couple of weeks ago it was rain every day so more gym but now I do two rides a day or one ride and a gym session.

bougheyrm │ Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester | Visit my blog: www.beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/bougheyrm | or my other blog: rmbbmr.wordpress.com/

More
8 years 6 months ago #19 by Dese
I have a friend in North Yorkshire. I believe it has been very wet there. If the weather is bad, does that mean even more time at the gym for you? :laugh: I expect it doesn't compare to being in the countryside. :unsure:

More
8 years 6 months ago #20 by bougheyrm
Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire mostly.

bougheyrm │ Forum Moderator . Blogger . Tester | Visit my blog: www.beautyontrial.co.uk/blogs/bougheyrm | or my other blog: rmbbmr.wordpress.com/

More
8 years 6 months ago #21 by Dese
Sirop is really lovely and refreshing. I was doubtful that it would be good the first time it was offered to me, but it is good quality.

What county do you cycle in when you are in the UK?

More
8 years 6 months ago #22 by bougheyrm
Sorry to hear about you having to stop cycling. I don't drive so I walk, cycle, bus everywhere.

Agree re ice lollies, they are better in the summer. Ice cream is better in the winter.

I'll look out for the sirop, I'm not much for most drinks except milk and water but I do like cordials.

More
8 years 6 months ago #23 by Dese
I confess I would be thinking 'why would anyone punish themselves like that?' especially in the heat, but I imagine the sense of achievement must be fantastic. I had to give up cycling in my teens due to juvenile arthritis, and was told to stop for at least two years. I never got back into it after that. I used to cycle everywhere, I have never been a great one for cars and I still don't drive.

The setting sounds amazing! I have walked and climbed in some areas like that. You can't beat a nice ice lolly (I am not into ice creams). On the continent they are into 'sirop' in a big way, which is delicious cordial, not like our nasty squash. It comes in loads of flavours. Look out for it, it's very thirst quenching and gives you that essential sugar after pushing yourself hard!

:)

More
8 years 6 months ago #24 by bougheyrm
:laugh:

We got to the top of the ride (people were giving us very strange looks as they were finding walking up hard) and there was a lovely traditional chalet/cafe. Water troughs, flowers, stunning view the whole thing buut only alcohol and cheese sandwitches. It was about 40 degress and I just wanted an icecream or a lolly - you just can't take the seaside out of your childhood!

Moderators: Dese
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Connect

My Account

Add

Best Of

Help

Latest

Be the first to hear about giveaways and exclusive discounts from BEAUTYONTRIAL and our partners.

Check out our Privacy Policy & Terms of use. You can unsubscribe from our email list at any time.

We have 1235 guests and one member online